Ok, it’s finally here, my newlook website! Even better, it’s part and parcel of this Blog, All Things Creative.
What a journey it’s been since taking the plunge to go freelance way back in 2006.
Was it a good decision to leave my rewarding and reasonably ‘safe’ job in the tourism division of Brighton & Hove Council? (Here I had been happily working for over 17 years marketing a wonderful and internationally renowned city-by-the-sea).
I think so. In fact, despite the highs and lows of:
- an erratic work flow
- an uneven cash flow
- the feeling that the word ‘free’ in freelance is, in fact, somewhat questionable
- the sometimes isolating feeling of it’s all ‘down to me’
- the sometimes extraordinary amounts of self-belief that one has to have
- the constant juggling of projects, deadlines, home life and social life
- sometimes having to take on part-time jobs at the same time
I would say a resounding YES!! It has been a journey of courage, creativity, resourcefulness and determination. (And most definitely not ‘safe’).
And I have made some wonderful new friends, colleagues and clients along the way, and am so appreciative of pre-freelance friends and colleagues who have stayed alongside me too.
This blog, All Things Creative, will help you get to know me and my ‘creative’ outlook on life, and I will give you:
- insights into my clients and my work
- the resurrection of my ‘Word of the Week’ post
- an insight into the world of Nia
- details of my Nia classes that I aim to start up again soon after a short break
- stories about Fish artist James Gibbs and his beautiful fish paintings
- creative ideas and influences that are so much a part of my life
I promise not to ramble on, and welcome all your feedback and comments – good and bad.